Reply To: firmware update
To update the firmware, use the following steps:
1) Download the newest firmware HEX file from here: http://www.chrobotics.com/shop/um7-orientation-sensor
2) Make sure you have the latest version of the Serial Interface, available here: http://www.chrobotics.com/serial-interface
3) Connect the BOOT pin on the UM7 to the 3.3V pin before applying power.
4) Power up you UM7. The LED should *not turn on. This means that the bootloader started in programming mode.
5) Make sure that your UM7 is appropriately connected to your computer. The USB Expansion Board is a good way to do so.
6) Open the Serial Interface and select the correct COM port. Do NOT click “Connect.” Select the firmware HEX file you downloaded in step 1 and click “Program.” It should flash the new firmware. Once it finishes, disconnect the BOOT pin and cycle power. You are finished!